MAINTENANCE CHIEF II Non-Licensed
|Department||MIL Army Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||3/14/2023 07:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,068.00 - $62,525.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kathryn Powell|
The Maryland Military Department is looking for a candidate for the position of Maintenance Chief II Non- Licensed - Plumber! Join a dynamic team and embark on a career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, a competitive salary, and opportunities for professional growth! This position works on a compressed work schedule from 6:30 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Friday and free parking!!!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Parkville Readiness Center
3727 Putty Hill Avenue
Nottingham, MD 21236
The main purpose of this position is the Plumber for state facility’s as needed in support of infrastructure of the Military Department throughout the State of Maryland. Supervise and lead other skilled or semi-skilled trade positions in various trade functions. Responsible for the development, updating and monitoring of preventive maintenance for all buildings Performs preventative maintenance and repairs. Repairs/replaces faulty indoor and outdoor Plumbing fixtures. Prepares requests for supplemental contacted services and repairs. Leads troubleshooting efforts Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
Positions duties included, but not limited to:
· Maintains and repairs general plumbing components to include toilets, urinals, faucets, hose bibs, and drains.
· Installs, repairs, or replaces domestic hot and cold-water lines.
· Repairs and replaces steam to hot water exchangers for major building heating systems and pools.
· Repairs and replaces pneumatic steam valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes.
· Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
· Performs minor electrical work when removing and installing pumps, motors, fans, Etc.
· Installs, tests, and repairs all sizes of backflow prevention devices.
· Leads troubleshooting efforts and repairs steam, water, and gas distribution systems.
· Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
· Provides sketches and dimensions used by drafters to create plans for subcontractor work.
· Research catalogs and vendor services for complex and/or customized system retrofits.
· Interprets and applies mechanical and structural blueprints to plan plumbing repairs and modifications.
· In coordination with management, assigns to and tracks corrective and preventive maintenance tasks given to subordinate plumbers.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Eighth grade.
Experience: Three years of experience in the building maintenance or building construction trades including two years of experience assigning, reviewing and approving the work of other building maintenance or building construction workers.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher, as a non-commissioned officer in utilities classifications or mechanical maintenance management specialty codes in utility systems repair, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Three (3) years experience in plumbing trade.
Experience soldering copper pipe joints.
Experience working on the plumbing for boilers.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This position will require the ability to pass a State & Federal background check to access military facilities within the state of Maryland. Being able to access these facilities is a condition of employment for this position.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum requirements for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This position is not subject to Bargaining MOU's.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost.
CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification.
A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
29th Division Street, Room B10
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Katie Powell at Katie.Powell@maryland.gov Fax: 667-239-3559
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.