Director, Internal Audit & Quality Assurance
HUMAN SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR IV
|Department||DHS Child Support Enforcement Administration|
|Date Opened||7/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,787.00 - $$103,839/year with potential growth to - $118,953.00|
|HR Analyst||Heather Braddy|
See yourself as part of an organization working to improve the lives of Marylanders everyday.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s human services provider. DHS helps Marylanders buy healthy foods, pay energy bills, and obtain medical assistance. We also work to ensure that children, adults and families are stable and safe from abuse and neglect. Services are provided by DHS through the 24 Local Departments of Social Services which represent each of Maryland’s counties and Baltimore City. DHS employees serve more than 1 million Marylanders annually, working directly within the community to bring positive outcomes to Marylanders.
This position is a Special Appointment and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of the Assistant Director, Program Reviewers and the Internal Auditors. Provide leadership, guidance and continuing professional education to professional staff.
- Exercise general direction over the professional staff of the Office.
- Design and implement work procedures, internal controls, and evaluate the operating efficiency and effectiveness of the Central Office Metro Offices and local Offices.
- Meets with CSA Executive leadership, representatives of financial institutions, auditors and vendors to discuss and resolve audit findings.
- Serve as CSA liaison to the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) on the Data Reliability Audit (DRA) review and corrective action plans.
- Represent the Deputy Executive Director of Operations and/or present at meetings, conferences, etc., usually based on subject matter expertise.
- Provides information and data necessary for the completion of state and federal reports. Identifies best practices and new opportunities to advance CSA’s strategic agenda.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative, professional or technical work, four years must have involved supervision of other employees or exercising responsibility for program development.
1. Candidates may substitute graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, two years must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
- Two years of experience managing audit programs with monthly performance requirements including reporting the status of these audit programs to senior management.
- One year of experience in data analytics specific to designing, implementing, validation testing, and translating the analytics to audit reports.
- Three years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
- Two years of experience in a lead auditor or supervisory role with demonstrated experience directing auditors.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS