COUNCIL AND COMMISSION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I (Contractual)
|COMM - Secretariat Services
|11/2/2023 4:20:00 PM
|12/1/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$ 22.65 - $36.09/hour
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and work experience in data collection and analysis;
2. Experience in the use of business databases; knowledge of economic development research tools including socio-economic data and survey analysis; the ability to interpret statistical information, and
3. Recent business or economic development experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.