POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I
|Department||DNR - Natural Resource Police - General Direction|
|Date Opened||9/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,392.00 - $80,551.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Operations Specialist classifications or Signal Corps, Cyberspace Support, or Communications specialty codes in the communications field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of dispatching experience in a 9-1-1 (police/emergency) services environment utilizing a CAD (computer aided dispatch) system.
- One year of experience in a multi-faceted work environment using data entry keyboard functions and a multi-line telephone system.
- A combination of one year of emergency dispatch training, education and/or experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
1. Applicants for this classification may be subject to an extensive background investigation prior to appointment.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.