|Department||DJS Garrett Youth Center|
|Date Opened||3/24/2023 2:58:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,435.00 - $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Garrett Children’s Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Maintains facility personnel files which contain performance appraisals, confidential client grievances, employee reprimands and letters of accommodations. Screens and finalizes all confidential Performance Evaluation Plans for accuracy and completeness, forwarding official signed copies to Personnel and when needed, returns incomplete or incorrect packets to supervisors for additions and corrections. Maintains policy sign off sheets. Reviews expense account forms.
- Completes memorandums, reports, tables, letters and other documents for the Facility Administrator and resource staff while maintaining confidentiality of the office. Types from copy material of a technical and confidential manner.
- Provides managerial and administrative services to the Garrett Children’s Center which is a secure facility. Develops and implements working procedures (FOP’s) and forms to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization. Establish procedures and processes to organize and expedite required information, forms, and reports. Prepares statistical or other needed records and reports. Creates special forms and summaries. Copies and files materials and performs other general office duties as required. Opens, sorts, reads and distributes in coming correspondence, including faxes and emails (Google). Organizes and processes outgoing correspondence. Attends and records meetings.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel (tracking), Publisher, PowerPoint, Access Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Prezi Presentation).
- At least one year of experience using the State's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) and working with a budget and/or procurement.
- At least two years of experience working for a senior-level administrator or executive.
- At least one year of experience developing, editing, and facilitating technical writing and style standards for documentation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork.
- Flexibility in a busy environment.
- Strong time management, priority setting, and problem-solving skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer. Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.