DJS Case Management Specialist I Community
Contractual and Seasonal
|Department||DJS Community Operations Administration/Support|
|Date Opened||1/4/2023 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.20 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
The Department of Juvenile Services is posting this recruitment for three contractual and seasonal Case Management Specialist I positions. The positions will work in our Ocean City office during the summer season beginning May 10, 2023 and ending September 12, 2023.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
6505 Coastal Highway
Ocean City, MD 21842
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must obtain certification by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Utilizing the online application process is strongly urged. However, if online access is not available, you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your first and last name, recruitment number that is located at the top of this bulletin and the last 4 digits of your social security number. The paper application must be received by 5 pm: close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmark will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
203 River Street
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Attn: Tabitha Andrews
Fax number: 410-632-1527
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other Maryland State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay