|LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy
|11/6/2023 12:09:00 PM
|11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Position duties for the
Policy Analyst include independent writing and research; coordinating, interpreting, and researching policy
development; assistance with the development of legislative concepts and
evaluating legislation during the Maryland General Assembly legislative session;
analysis of legal and statutory implications on program implementation; preparation
of briefing memos and talking points; participation on inter-agency workgroups;
statistical analysis related to Maryland’s workforce system; and technical
assistance, as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least (2) years of experience working in workforce development, adult education, and/or correctional education.
- Experience working in policy development and knowledge of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) are preferred.
- Experience organizing and leading large stakeholder meetings preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
are subject to a background check against files maintained by the division of
Unemployment Insurance (LABOR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to
LABOR/DUI as a result of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud.
Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered