Coastal Restoration Specialist
|Department||DNR - Watershed Services|
|Date Opened||9/19/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,828.00 - $104,555.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years of technical knowledge designing, reviewing, and/or implementing coastal and marine construction projects (e.g., riparian, living shoreline, wetland restoration and stream restoration).
- Two years of climate resilience and specifically sea level rise and nuisance flooding experience.