ASSISTANT TRAINING COORDINATOR (ADMINISTRATOR I)
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||3/17/2023 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of administrative staff or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Writing, reviewing, and updating manuals
- Organizational skills -Customer service experience
- Experience with personal computers
- Experience with software applications (MS Office Suite)
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve exposure to uncomfortable and unpleasant surrounding.
- Work may involve physical demands such as lifting 25-35 pounds.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
- Leave maybe limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects, or special assignments.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|