Labor Market Information Specialist
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||3/21/2023 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will become an expert in information on Maryland’s economy and workforce through the following duties:
1. Gather relevant labor market and workforce information in response to outside queries.
2. Perform economic analysis of gathered data to meet project and customer needs.
3. Plan, organize, and compose labor market and economic information into reports or presentations
4. Apply state and federal guidelines to accomplish the work of the office, division, or agency.
5. Communicate vital economic information via email, telephone, face-to-face meetings, presentations, published articles, and special reports.
6. Keep website updated with the latest publications and data www.labor.maryland.gov/lmi ; https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/
7. Work requires access to sensitive and confidential information requiring discretion and judgement in the release of information.
8. Develop, recommended, or function as a team leader for special projects.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary degree in economics or other social science, business, or statistics
- Experience in Excel with knowledge of functions, charts, and graphing
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the division of Unemployment Insurance (LABOR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to LABOR/DUI as a result of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Brittany Small at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide recruitment number 23-002586-0013 in the subject line. The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Labor, Human Resources Office, Room 101, 1100 N. Eutaw Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.