|Department||DGS Office of Facilities Management|
|Date Opened||3/21/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,068.00 - $62,525.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Gladys Bryant|
The Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) is responsible for almost $1 billion in annual contract administration, 6.3 million square-feet of State-owned facilities, and 4.6 million square-feet of leased space. DGS supports State and local government agencies by providing a full spectrum of design and construction, facilities operations, security, procurement, real estate, and surplus property services.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the office for all incoming calls or visitors. Acts as an intermediary for the Regional Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Organize and coordinate work requests/complaints with the Maintenance Supervisor, maintaining all requests through the e-Maint work order system.
- Responsible for independently processing service contracts for the two facilities: Prepare fund certs, type contracts from draft, prepare documents for bid, assist in site visits. Independently prepare documents for award and forward to appropriate offices for approval.
- Assist the Regional Manager and two Maintenance Supervisors in the administrative aspects of the office. Independently compose various correspondence. Obtain information and independently prepare various reports and spreadsheets such as e-Maint, annual budgets, overtime, inventory, incident reports, recycling, PMO, weekly highlights, etc. Maintain the office filing system, develop and implement office procedures.
- Process purchase orders for building maintenance and office supplies; contacting vendors to place orders, receiving orders assuring all paperwork is intact and contacting the fiscal services office for invoicing.
- Acts as a point of contact for requests, complaints, and information to the office. Consults with agencies and the public regarding building issues, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that enable the Department of General Services to fulfill its mission of providing and maintaining buildings that are safe, secure and operationally efficient.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must possess the following selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications
- Six months of budget management experience including tracking monthly expenditures and account balances for a facility or commercial building.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Experience receiving, entering and closing service requests in a work order system.
- Experience in a customer service setting.
- Experience working with tenants of a facility or commercial building.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with experience interacting and communicating with executives and senior management.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
The State offers a generous benefits package that includes paid leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement for those that qualify, flexible work schedules for certain positions, free mass transit in Baltimore & Annapolis, health coverage at low group rates and a contributory pension plan. Click on the link below for more information.