Hagerstown Call Center Supervisor (REVENUE ADMINISTRATOR I)
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||9/15/2023 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,627.00 - $85,951.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an associates degree for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credits from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience up to three years of experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory experience
- Customer service experience
- Organizational skills
- Call Center or emergency preparedness environment experience
- Experience adapting to changing priorities
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience of Maryland State Tax Laws and Forms
- Knowledge and experience of Federal Tax Laws and Forms
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the Taxpayer Services Division's Hagerstown Call Center.
- Leave may be limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects or special assignments.
- Evening and weekend work may be required especially during peak times of the year.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experience presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Work requires possession of a valid driver’s license and will require operation of a personal automobile and traveling to various offices within the State.
- Employees in this classification are required to travel in the performance of the duties.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Please contact Stanley Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.