Seasonal Hourly Shift
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
Full-Time vacancies available
*Returning staff for the 2023-2024 season will receive an additional $0.25/hour
LOCATION OF POSITION
Vacancies for this position are currently located at the following locations:
- Rocky Gap State Park (Allegany County)
- Gunpowder Falls State Park (Harford/Baltimore County)
- Assateague State Park (Worchester County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Volunteer Coordinator will match volunteers with opportunities within the park. Work is performed indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions. Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as scheduled.
Duties may vary for each facility and generally include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain volunteer database
- Coordinate volunteer training opportunities
- Provide general customer service and park information to visitors
- Schedule, plan and lead volunteer projects and park events
- Communicate with current and new volunteers via phone and email
- Develop volunteer program advertisements and assist with public relations
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, and climb ladders
Qualifying candidates must meet the following:
- Experience: Must have at least 40 hours of customer relations experience, 40 hours of leadership experience and/or 40 hours of computer skills as indicated on application. Customer relations experience includes but is not limited to professional or volunteer experience in retail, hospitality, service industry, administrative, or similar fields. Examples of leadership experience include but are not limited to: board member involvement in civic, religious and/or school groups; overseeing or training volunteers or coworkers, etc. Examples of computer skills include but are not limited to: personal or professional computer experience and/or software applications experience (Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite preferred), etc.
- Education: High school diploma or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
1. Candidates may substitute classwork in public speaking, leadership or computer skills (programming, typing, etc.) on an hour-for-hour basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle, UTV or golf cart. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland and five points or fewer on their current driving record.
Applicants selected for employment may undergo an employment background investigation, including, but not limited to: employment reference check, education verification, driving record check (if the position requires employees to drive a vehicle) and a criminal history check including fingerprinting.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to the essential functions of this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Emilee Knott at Emilee.Knott@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|