Seasonal Hourly Shift
Trail Technician Lead
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Rocky Gap State Park (Allegany County)
- Patapsco Valley State Park (Anne Arundel County/Baltimore County/Carroll County/Howard County) If interested in any of these locations, please select 'Patapsco Valley State Park (Anne Arundel County)' below
- Fair Hill NMRA (Cecil County)
- Bohemia River State Park (Cecil County)
- Gunpowder Falls State Park (Harford/Baltimore County)
- Patuxent River State Park (Howard County)
- Pocomoke River State Park (Worchester County)
Main Purpose of Job
- Perform trail maintenance and construction
- Mow and trim grass and vegetation along park trails
- Clear downed trees off park trails
- Construct and repair trail bridges, as needed
- Coordinate and lead monthly volunteer trail work days
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- Assist with training, mentoring and providing feedback to trail technicians and volunteers
- Plan and oversee trail projects involving staff and volunteers
- May interact with park visitors and provide general information
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, climb ladders and operate heavy equipment
- At least 12 months of trail maintenance experience and customer relations experience as indicated on application. Examples of trail maintenance experience include but are not limited to: trail construction, landscaping, tree trimming/chainsaw work, heavy equipment operation, small tractor and power tools operation, etc.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire