MSP PILOT I-A
|MSP - Support Services Bureau
|11/9/2023 2:30:00 PM
|2/15/2024 07:05:00 AM
|$94,405.00 - $129,613.00/year
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
- The application is part of the examination process. Your answers will determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the selection process.
- Clearly describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you fail to indicate.
- Do not leave any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write "N/A".
- Although you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
- Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
- Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Twelve hundred (1200) helicopter or fixed wing flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot.
1. Applicants may be able to substitute verified portions of U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Piloting field of work for the required experience.
2. Applicants may be able to substitute verified portions of flight hours recorded via the International Civil Aviation Organization for the required experience.
3. Helicopter and fixed wing flight hours may not be combined to meet the experience requirement.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Medical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter or Instrument Fixed Wing Rating as determined by FAA regulations and as required by the MSPAC.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination, by the Maryland State Police before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to other FAA applicable drug testing requirements.
5. Employees in this classification are required to sign an Obligation Service Agreement.
The selection process for
this recruitment will involve a review of each application.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible
list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be
used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience
related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a
qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application.
Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an
interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited
to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those
applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and
graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you
may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form
can be found online.
Completed applications, required
documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police, Aviation Command
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Middle River, MD 21230
Attn: Christina Blake
Contact Information: email@example.com or
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to
our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity
employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting
employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are
encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State
Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting
employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color,
gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or
physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or
opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.