ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Forest Industry Development Specialist
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||11/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,534.00 - $70,751.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Adriana Parravano|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Conduct annual Timber Production Output (TPO) production output surveys.
- Verify Forest Products Operator applications for completeness and accuracy, maintain database, issue licenses, and respond to complaints.
- Process Woodland Incentive Fund applications for cost-share and process payment authorizations.
- Develop resources for recruiting industry investment (e.g., marketing materials, trade booth; attend regional trade shows as funding allows)
- Visit secondary forest product manufacturers to gather general information on business prospects and challenges.
- Assist the Master Logger Program to help plan and conduct training sessions.
- Catalog and maintain database of approved Chesapeake Bay Critical Area Timber Harvest Plans.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of experience working for logging business, sawmill, trucking company or other business within the forest products sector.
- Possession of a valid class A or B driver's license as well as a current Dept. of Transportation physical exam certification.
- Knowledge and experience with day-to-day and cyclical issues of forest products sector
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with forestry and forest industry trade associations.