ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||3/21/2023 3:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tiffany Hazel|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
➢ The application is part of the examination process. Your answers will determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the selection process.
➢ Clearly describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you fail to indicate.
➢ Do not leave any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write "N/A".
➢ Although you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
➢ Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
➢ Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Central Records Division
1711 Belmont Ave
Baltimore, MD 21244
Main Purpose of Job
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Evaluates Public Information Act requests for Maryland State Police Reports (i.e. Investigation, Missing Person, Vehicle, Driving Under the Influence);
- Obtains, analyzes and interprets data in order to apply rules, regulations and standards in accordance with laws (i.e. Public Information Act);
- Search for the requested report in the MSP RMS, download, and do the sociological redactions (i.e. telephone numbers, addresses);
- Determine if the report is able to be released, send 10-day letter and collect appropriate fees from requestor;
- Determine release ability of reports in part or whole, deleting non-releasable portions of requested documents or recommend that the entire report be denied in accordance with SOP and appropriate laws;
- Process all funds collected by the IR Section to ensure proper logging on appropriate form, review checks for correct information and forward to Division Administrative Support staff for deposit;
- Performs other related duties.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualification(s).
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Experience with PIA (Public Information Act)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for position in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Candidates for this classification may be given a medical examination to determine their ability to perform the duties of the job classification.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: Tiffany R. Hazel
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.