ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||MIL Administrative Headquarters|
|Date Opened||3/21/2023 1:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $55,233 with the potential to reach $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nick Pindale|
Administrative Specialist III
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Physically consolidates and properly stores all archival material of the Maryland Military Historical Research Center.
· Catalogs archival collections into an established electronic database.
· Catalogs photographic assets.
· Surveys and appraises Maryland Military Historical Research Center's original document collection for retention.
· Process and ensures appropriate assets of significant historical importance are micro-formed.
· Produces user-friendly, detailed, physical and digital finding aids to make the informational content of the records accessible to researchers.
· Provide guidance and reference services to Research Center patrons who submit inquiries via email, phone, letter, or visit in person.
· Executes a Records Collecting Plan developed by the Curator that incorporates most requested research needs and identified gaps in original documents and or military records, recordings, electronic media and images to be addressed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of experience cataloging archival collections into an electronic database (PastPerfect or AHCAS is highly preferred).
* One year of experience in preparing archival material for long-term storage.
* One year of experience in providing reference services to researchers via email, phone, letter, or in person.
* One year of experience in examining and appraising original documents for retention in a collection.
* A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public History, Military History, History, Museum Studies, Library Science, or a related field.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All selected candidates with the Maryland Military Department are required to have a background check prior to being employed.
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS