SOCIAL WORK REGIONAL SUPERVISOR, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
|Department||DJS Facility Operations Administration/Support|
|Date Opened||9/14/2023 4:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$83,559.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Five years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work, to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling or forensic social work services, including eighteen months of experience completing assessments formulating diagnostic impressions, treating mental disorders and other conditions or providing psychotherapy as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical and one year of experience supervising lower level Social Workers providing clinical and therapeutic social work to clients.
1. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate degree in social work from an accredited college or university for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at the rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates who have experience providing behavioral health services to troubled adolescents and their families.
Candidates who have experience coordinating or leading an adolescent/youth focused behavioral health team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners for eighteen months prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service per Code of Maryland Regulations 10.42.08.04(2)(b), effective July 1, 2004.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course of the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services must qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
5. Employees of the Department of Juvenile Services are required to complete the Correctional First Line Supervisors Training within one year of appointment.
Utilizing the online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last four digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Tabitha Andrews
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.