MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR I Non-Licensed
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||1/31/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,187.00 progressing to $80,992.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
The Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) is responsible for almost $1 billion in annual contract administration, 6.3 million square-feet of State-owned facilities, and 4.6 million square-feet of leased space. DGS supports State and local government agencies by providing a full spectrum of design and construction, facilities operations, security, procurement, real estate, and surplus property services.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Positions are available within the Department of General Services, Office of Facilities Management located in Baltimore, Maryland. However, the list created from this recruitment may also be used to fill other vacancies, in this classification, as they arise.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Supervise maintenance staff for an assigned building. Schedule and coordinate the technical maintenance work and installation service rendered by skilled, semi-skilled and un-skilled employees. Prepare performance appraisals for employees in a timely manner. Perform daily routine building inspection to identify issues needing to be addressed and monitor equipment.
- Respond to routine requests, concerns or problems regarding the building tenants. Act as a liaison to building tenants to field inquiries and handle complaints and maintenance requests. Respond to after hour emergency services, such as waterline breaks, building equipment failures or breakdowns, snow removal, etc.
- Oversee contract performance for building. Use the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to monitor building equipment and schedule preventive maintenance. Meet with regional manager and maintenance staff on a weekly basis to identify areas of concern and give updates on building upkeep, maintenance and repair. Meet monthly with regional manager to review monthly budget expenditures and upcoming contract specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of contractual specifications for construction projects, or repairs, interior/exterior throughout the facility that are performed by contractors and State employees.
- Enforce all building policies, procedures, and regulations to accomplish an effective building operation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education: Eighth grade.
Experience: Six years experience in building maintenance or building construction trades including five years of responsibility assigning, reviewing and approving the work of others and disciplining, evaluating the performance of, and recommending the hiring, firing and promoting of others.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities classifications or mechanical maintenance specialty codes in the utility systems repair field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Experience in building management, with direct responsibility for overseeing building operations and maintenance of a commercial building.
- Experience purchasing budgetary items and preparing maintenance contract specifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov - click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.