**REPOST**BILINGUAL CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR-REVENUE SPECIALIST II
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||3/17/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
***REPOST - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY***
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience: Four years of experience performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within two or more of the specialized fields of revenue administration or performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within the motor fuel/motor carrier tax field. The specialized fields may include sales and use tax, income tax, admissions and amusement tax, withholding tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, and any other revenue levy authorized by the legislature.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory experience
- Customer service experience
- Organizational skills
- Call Center or emergency preparedness environment experience
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience of Maryland State Tax Laws and Forms
- Knowledge and experience of Federal Tax Laws and Forms
- Experience adapting to changing priorities
- Communication skills (both oral and written), in both English and Spanish.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- The nature of the position requires that the employee be able to travel within the State of Maryland, and provide their own transportation to visit various branch offices located within the State of Maryland.
- Employee must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, delivering supplies, etc.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first five digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|