State Park Ranger Asst Manager
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Seven years of experience supervising personnel engaged in park or forest operations work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in park or forest operations work at the rate of two years for each year of supervisory experience for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in forestry, forest management, natural resources management, parks and recreation, business management, education, or a related natural science from an accredited college or university and three years of experience supervising personnel engaged in park or forest operations work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in forestry, forestry management, nature resources management, parks and recreation, business administration, education, or a related natural resources field for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in management and program clerical and assistance classification or management and program clerical and assistance specialty codes in the general, administrative, clerical, and office services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, three years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in State Park operations
- Experience working in a National, County or City Park
- Experience in volunteer management
- Experience or training with interpretation or environmental education
- Experience working at a public facility and ensuring the safety of the patrons
- Experience implementing new policies and procedures that positively impact the public/citizens
- Professional experience in managing park operations and supervising employees
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to assignment in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee may be required to reside in the county or region assigned.
3. Employees in this classification must be trained in First Responder Training or other equivalent first aid training.
- Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your minimum qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
- Applicants selected for employment may undergo an employment background investigation, including, but not limited to: employment reference check, education verification, driving record check (if the position requires employees to drive a vehicle) and a criminal history check including fingerprinting.