ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II (C21032)
Community Engagement Administrative Assistant
|Department||DHCD - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||5/17/2023 4:32:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.69 - $23.55 / hour (Grade 11 / Step 2 - 9 with promotional growth to $29.98)|
|HR Analyst||Charlee Kerr|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland benefits.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the housing or real estate industry
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand Spanish
- Strong Public relations skills
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Charlee.Kerr@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Charlee Kerr, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment