PERSONNEL ASSOCIATE I
BENEFITS & HR COORDINATOR
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||3/14/2023 12:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,648.00 - $47,879.00/year with growth potential up to $58,702.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Trelia Gunter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of general clerical or administrative support experience, at least one year must have been paraprofessional personnel experience involving the application of personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience should have included responsibility for activities such as, preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying and interpreting rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in human resources assistance classification or human resources assistance specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of customer service experience with internal and external customers.
2. One year experience working for Maryland State Government.
3. One year experience working with database to maintain information related to FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act), Accommodations, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), retirement, and leave matters.
4.One experience using Google software, Microsoft, and Smart Sheets.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.