DJS Case Management Spec I Facility (repost)
|Department||DJS Green Ridge Youth Center|
|Date Opened||3/6/2023 08:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,534.00 - $70,751.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is a Statewide recruitment.
This recruitment will be used to fill multiple vacancies throughout the State of Maryland as they become available. Please specify on your application all Maryland counties where you are willing to accept employment for this classification.
Main Purpose of Job
The DJS Case Management Specialist I Facility is the entry level of work providing case management services to juveniles in a residential setting. Employees in this classification implement and coordinate the delivery of services and treatment plans for juveniles on informal supervision, probation supervision, after-care supervision, detained pending trial or disposition, or committed to the Department of Juvenile Services. Employees may be assigned to work evenings and weekends and may be subject to call-in based on staffing needs. Employees may be required travel throughout the State to attend court proceedings, visit homes, schools, community based services and juvenile residential facilities.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate for this position will possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Social and Behavioral Science major, such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, Human Relations, Psychology, Child and Adolescent Studies, and Social Work;
- At least one (1) year of professional experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting OR a documented internship providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must obtain certification by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; we will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Keenan Townes
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.