OFFICE PROCESSING CLERK II
|Department||COMP Compliance Division|
|Date Opened||3/13/2023 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $48,692.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year of experience typing correspondence, reports, charts or other documents from rough draft, corrected copy or oral instruction on a keyboard of a personal computer, computer terminal or word processor.
- Candidates may substitute additional experience typing or performing other clerical duties on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate for six months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute five courses or six months of clerical training in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette for six months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.