OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||DJS Community Operations Region 7|
|Date Opened||5/18/2023 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,648.00 - $58,702.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Region 7 - Community Services
14735 Main Street, Suite M0400,
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Main Purpose of Job
- Answer, Review, Direct, and Prioritize all incoming telephone communications for the Regional Director, Assistant Regional Director, County Supervisor, Supervisors, and Case Management Specialists assigned to the Region 7 Upper Marlboro Office as well as perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain/greet and direct all incoming clients. Be present at the front desk to ensure that all scheduled clients, unscheduled walk-ins, police officers, attorneys, judges, youth, parents, psychologists, crisis intervention situations, and those misdirected are greeted and provided speedy and accurate information/assistance.
- Enters and updates information in ASSIST for all incoming arrest reports referred to the Upper Marlboro Office. Then retrieve the current intake file or create new files, for incoming arrest reports, create a log sheet, and distribute it to Case Management Specialist within 3 days of receiving it from the Administrative Aide Supervisor.
- Types and mail correspondence required for Intake and Probation services. Sort, scan, and distribute the Juvenile Daily Sheets from Court to the Case Management Specialists by 10:00 AM Monday-Friday.
- Organizes, purges, and maintains intake files in the file room for the Case Management Specialists.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of experience performing secretarial duties for staff of multiple levels of authority.
- Strong time management, priority setting, and problem-solving skills
- At least one year of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- At least one year of experience working with copy machines, scanning, and multiple phone line systems.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork qualifications.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 p.m. close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal-opportunity employer. Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.