AGENCY BUDGET SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||9/20/2023 4:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $74,178.00/year with potential growth up to $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Trelia Gunter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- On a daily basis, review and approve/disapprove all CJAMS Service Log Requests approved and forwarded from the Caseworkers’ Supervisors or Assistant Director of Programs.
- On a daily basis, Specialists are expected to monitor and stay abreast of the current levels of spending within all of their assigned programs to ensure that expenditures align with available resources and allocations to avoid deficit spending.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, as well as on need basis, have meetings with appropriate program managers to discuss identified trends and projected budgetary needs.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, develop reports and balance sheet analysis on appropriations, expenditures, encumbrances, and available balances at the subprogram/sub-object levels.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Seven years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration at a rate of 30 credit hours for five years of required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Two years of experience using Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) such as Relational Standard Accounting and Reporting Systems (R*STARS) automated interface and Advanced Purchase Inventory Control System (ADPICS), Children Juvenile and Adults Management Systems (CJAMS) and Formstack.
One year of experience using Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and Google Docs.
One year of customer service experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
- Positions may be eligible for telework.