AGENCY BUDGET SPECIALIST II
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||1/23/2023 11:47:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Budget Management Unit
Main Purpose of Job
Prepare the Facility Operations Budget in accordance with the guidelines established by the Department of Budget & Management. Budget preparation will be coordinated with the Director of Budget and the Fiscal Chief II for BARS for prior year and budget year. Prepare and review budget drafts to delineate Facility requests. Present budgetary information to Facility management. Provide background information to respond to inquiries from Facility management and agency executive management as well as OBA budget analysts and members of legislature. Reconcile Agency budget to FMIS and prepare/enter agency budget and subsequent adjustments. Make recommendations on additions, deletions, and clarify changes to Facility budgets.
Experience: Seven years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration at a rate of 30 credit hours for five years of required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two (2) years of experience performing expenditure reviews or budget projections at either an agency or finite contract level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and Excel.
- Possess an intermediate level of experience with FMIS or similar accounting systems such as Quick Books, Quicken, or any accounting automated systems.
- Experience reviewing and managing large amounts of data.
- Two (2) years of experience performing reconciliation of bank records and/or credit card statements/accounts.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.