|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||2/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,204.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Lori Burrell|
If you are looking for an exciting career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, competitive salary, and the opportunity for advancement and professional growth, apply to join the DPSCS team today!
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) is seeking dedicated candidates to fill important roles within our department. We are one of the largest departments in Maryland with nearly 12,000 employees and a budget of more than $1 billion. In order to fulfill our mission of promoting safety, we have increased security at our institutions while leading the way in innovative restorative justice projects that will help offenders reintegrate into society upon release.
As a member of the DPSCS team, you can have a fulfilling career, while also enjoying a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick leave), becoming vested in the State pension, supplemental retirement options, and even joining the Maryland State Employees Credit Union.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Assesses the inmate’s psychological and behavioral status to determine appropriate mental health services using psychological testing and psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Conducts individual and group therapy with incarcerated inmates within the Correctional Institution.
- Intervenes in a crisis to deescalate the situation using crisis intervention techniques and suicide prevention planning.
- Develops treatment and rehabilitation plans for inmates who need ongoing therapeutic intervention. Implements the plans following psychotherapeutic protocols.
- Screens and identifies the mental health needs the incarcerated adult and refers for other services such as psychiatric care, inpatient mental health services, case management, as well as community resources for continuing care upon release
- Provides clinical supervision and managerial direction to the facility’s mental health/psychology department.
- Assigns inmates to MHPC individual caseload. Monitors inmate participation and progress during therapy.
- Oversees participation and progress of inmate’s assigned to MHPC’s group therapy.
- Meets on biweekly basis (more frequently when necessary) with the MHPC for consultation and review of inmate progress.
- Documents the services rendered of those treated by recording services and inmate events in the electronic health record.
- Document interventions and actions taken to appropriate Custody staff as required by providing a Matter of Record.
- Represents the interests and needs of inmate’s mental health in meetings, including but not limited to administrative staff meetings, custody staff meetings, segregation reviews, medical case reviews, quality assurance reviews, psychiatric case consultation and suicide prevention meetings.
- Represents the psychology department at all required institutional committee meetings, e.g., program committee, Inmate representative committee,
- Providing information about mental health issues to Administrative and Custodial staff, as well as to inmates and their family members.
Education: A Doctorate degree in psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university accepted by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
Experience: Two years of experience rendering psychological services or engaged in psychological research.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Clinical Psychology classifications or Psychology specialty codes in the Psychology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|