FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR II
|Department||DJS Cheltenham Youth Detention Center|
|Date Opened||1/20/2023 2:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $51,801.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
11003 Frank Tippett Road
Cheltenham, MD 20623
A Food Service Supervisor II is responsible for the first-line supervision of work in the food service operations at the facility. The main purpose of the Food Service Supervisor II position is to coordinate and supervise the entire facilities’ kitchen operation including food receiving, storage, production, service and distribution of food in a timely manner. The Food Service Supervisor II is responsible for ensuring the production and serving of meals are in accordance with prescribed procedures and applicable health and sanitation regulations and standards. Employees in this classification supervise staff engaged in food preparation and serving.
The Food Service Supervisor II is an essential employee required to remain at work or report to work in emergency conditions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation, of which one year must include supervising workers engaged in quantity food production or service.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education in the area of food service management, nutritional care, institutional administration or related area on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the non-supervisory required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Food Preparation and Serving classifications or Food Preparation and Serving specialty codes in the Food Service field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• At least one year of experience in food production or service in an institutional setting such as hospitals, child nutrition programs including school lunch or day care centers, nursing homes, universities or correctional facilities.
• Degree in nutrition, dietetics, food and hospitality management, food service management, culinary arts, institutional administration or a closely related major.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Crystal Wilson
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.