AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST III
MARYLAND COVER CROP PROGRAM - SALISBURY REGIONAL OFFICE
|Department||MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conservation Grants|
|Date Opened||2/28/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.83/hour + 2% COLA anticipated 7/1/23|
|HR Analyst||Mary Darling|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in planning, engineering or program administration work related to soil conservation or water quality.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience in soil and water conservation for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess any of the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with ArcGIS.
- Nutrient Management Certification.
- Experience planning or implementing Best Management Practices (BMP).
- Experience reviewing grant applications
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401. If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application.
If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.) Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Mary Darling at 410-841-5847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.