Registered Dietitian Dir Hlth Care, CI
Director of Dietetics **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||3/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Supervises and evaluates the qualifications/credentials of the Registered Dietitian II, Food Administrator I, and office support staff (Diet Clerk & Administrative Specialist II)
- Plans, organizes, evaluates, manages, and directs all activities within the department which includes provision of meals and clinical nutrition services for the hospital population
- Provision of quality food service and nutritional care is an essential part of total patient care, the central mission of the hospital
- Ensures services delivered are consistent with recognized standards of care
- Directs and coordinates each program by establishing policies and procedures, approving revisions, and overseeing implementation
- Oversees and manages department budget and spending which includes the purchasing and inventory of food, supplies and equipment
- Evaluates the efficiency of operations of both divisions on an on-going basis by analyzing workflow (procedures and personnel) and achievement of established goals and standards.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the field of food systems management or food and nutrition supervising the daily operations of a kitchen or dietary department
- Experience working with patients in a forensic hospital setting
- Experience with creating schedules, submitting and approving timesheets for subordinates
- Experience with providing medical nutrition therapy to patients in a hospital setting
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.