MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR ADVANCED
|DJS Green Ridge Youth Center
|11/14/2023 3:02:00 PM
|12/18/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Green Ridge Youth Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide individual, family, and group therapeutic counseling to assigned youth, including leading Seven Challenges groups, TAMAR-Y, and other assigned groups to address behavioral health issues including social adjustment as indicated through the development of the youth's individual Treatment Service Plan (TSP);
- Provide Crisis and On-Call Services for Behavioral Health Emergencies both on and off-site working in rotation with other licensed clinicians to provide emergency coverage at multiple programs;
- Work as a leader, consultant, and/or member of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to assist the team's understanding of social and emotional factors underlying the juveniles' involvement with DJS and the implementation of the Behavior Management/Motivation Program.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Certified Professional Counselors.
Experience: Two years of experience providing professional counseling to clients with mental health disorders by using assessment, evaluation, intervention, rehabilitation and treatment regimens.
1. These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service
experience as a commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling
classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty
codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience assessing and providing therapy to a population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Experience working with an adolescent population with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.