FINANCIAL NON-DEPOSITORY EXAMINER I
Financial Fraud Examiner
|Department||LABOR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||1/26/2023 1:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/9/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Donna Watson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Investigates misconduct and regulatory violations
- Assist financial depository and non depository examiners
- Maintains the case files and records of Investigations
- Conducts investigative fieldwork
- Prepares and serves subpoenas
- Locates and interview persons of interest and other witness
- Analyzes documents, data, and information
- Prepares comprehensive investigative reports
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with other local, state, and federal financial regulatory or licensing agencies
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies
Experience: Five years of experience, one year of experience examining or auditing the accounts, records and business practices of non-depository financial institutions or in managerial or professional work in the financial services, consumer loan, sales finance, installment loan, mortgage lenders, collection agencies, check cashiers, money transmitters, debt management and/or law enforcement industries and four years of additional regulatory, investigatory, managerial or professional experience in the financial services industry, consumer credit industry, mortgage lending industry, accounting or auditing work or State or federal experience regulating the above industries or in law enforcement.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by a total of 24 credit hours in business administration, finance, economics, law, criminal justice or accounting and one year of experience examining or auditing the accounts, records and business practices of non-depository financial institutions or in managerial or professional work in the financial services, consumer loan, sales finance, installment loan, mortgage lenders, collection agencies, check cashiers, money transmitters, debt management and/or law enforcement industries for the required experience. These credit hours must include a minimum of 6 credit hours in either accounting or auditing.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant, or a Master’s degree in business administration or accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the financial management or auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Bachelors degree in law, criminal justice, public policy, accounting, finance, economics or a related field
At least two years of work experience in conducting research, auditing, investigations, law, law enforcement, criminal justice, public policy, accounting, finance, and/or interviewing
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DL/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DL/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland Department of Labor
Attn: Donna L. Watson 23-000279-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor, an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.