MSP FORENSIC SCIENTIST III
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||8/29/2023 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/18/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,749.00 - $126,912.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science, or related physical, natural or forensic science from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience in comparative analysis or scientific evaluation of evidence including experience in providing testimony as an expert witness in moot or criminal court.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience performing comparative analysis or scientific evaluation of evidence to include experience in providing expert testimony, on a year-for-year basis for the required education and up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional experience at another accredited crime laboratory performing equivalent work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in the above physical, natural or forensic sciences from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree in the above physical, natural or forensic sciences from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require theoperation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Candidates appointed to this classification must possess the certification or license required by the governing body of the forensic discipline associated with the job duties for the specific position. Specific information concerning the requirements and procedures of the applicable governing body can be obtained from the Human Resources office of the Maryland Department of State Police, 1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, are required to provide the agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. In accordance with Public Safety Article, Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Annotated Code of Maryland, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination, submission of a DNA sample, and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division / Berlin Barrack
9758 Ocean Gateway
Berlin, MD 21811
ATTN: Robert Tanner
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Police at 410-641-9039 X6153