CHIEF ENGINEER, PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
|Department||PSC Engineering Investigations|
|Date Opened||9/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$102,170.00 - $164,752.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tamar Duppins-Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
- Provides leadership, training, administrative and technical management to the Engineering Division;
- Provides and coordinates the development of expert testimony, technical recommendations, and Staff comments in utility regulatory proceedings;
- Designs, develops and maintains an inspection program ensuring compliance with regulations for service supplied by gas, hazardous liquid, electric, water, and sewerage companies;
- Coordinate Commission representation and response to cyber and homeland security emergencies and drills involving critical infrastructure and coordinate Commission's 24/7 response, as required, to Maryland Department of Emergency Management(MDEM) activations, drills and exercises;
- Coordinate the timely completion of recommendations to the Commission in its Administrative docket and the filing of expert testimony in Commission cases on topics including the prudency of utility spending and investment, cost benefit analysis, or other matters relating to utility operations;
- Coordinate investigation of accidents/incidents;
- Provide recommendations to the Commission on issues arising from the work of the Division staff, cases, or external developments;
- Sponsor COMAR changes and provide input on proposed utility and energy legislation;
- Participates on technical and advisory boards, respond to complaints and inquiries, provide public affairs representation and mediation on behalf of the Commission;
- Lead Commission or participate in workgroups as assigned; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The evaluation may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.