FINANCIAL DEPOSITORY EXAMINER SUPERVISOR *REPOST*
|LABOR - Financial Regulation
|11/17/2023 08:10:00 AM
|12/1/2023 5:00:00 PM
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the Examiner-In-Charge role in examining state-chartered banks, trust companies, and credit unions
- Charge and conduct examinations large state-charted financial institutions with complex issues, critical problems and deficiencies
- Conduct a pre examination analysis of the institution assigned to be examined
- Assigned as Examiner-In-Charge on joint examinations lead by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve, or the National Credit Union Administration
- May lead specialized examination of holdings companies, compliance, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, and/or information technology
Experience: Nine years of experience examining the accounts, records and business practices of depository financial institutions or in examination, managerial or professional accounting or auditing work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by a total of 24 credit hours in business administration, finance, economics, law or accounting and five years of experience examining the accounts, records and business practices of depository financial institutions or in examination, managerial or professional accounting or auditing work for the required experience. These credit hours must include a minimum of 6 credit hours in either accounting or auditing.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master’s degree in business administration or accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the financial management or auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate,
etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This
evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of
Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland Department of Labor
Attn: Donna L. Watson 23-000231-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DL that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.