POWER PLANT SITING ASSESSOR I
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Power Plant|
|Date Opened||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Adriana Parravano|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in the environmental or physical sciences from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative or professional environmental science work, two years must have involved experience as a project leader or managing environmental or scientific projects or programs.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in environmental or physical sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general administrative or professional environmental science experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer (general) from the Maryland State Board for Professional Engineers for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Specialist classifications or Environmental Science and Engineering specialty codes in the Environmental or Physical Sciences field of work.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the assessment of power plants or related environmental management experience and/or a Master's Degree in the environmental or physical sciences.
- Experience working with or for an electric utility or an energy company providing electricity.
- Experience meeting deadlines and maintaining a rigid schedule.
- Experience working with judicial deadlines, high stress, and leading a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
- Experience as a project manager of multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Experience with Request for Proposal processes and preparation.
- Experience with MD Legislative bill reports and fiscal note preparation.
- Experience with invoice review and approval for payment.
- Experience with budgeting and formulating a Scope of Work.