SENIOR LEASE COMPLIANCE OFFICER
ACQUISITION SPECIALIST SENIOR ADV
|Department||DGS Office of Real Estate|
|Date Opened||2/24/2023 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Gladys Bryant|
The Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) is responsible for almost $1 billion in annual contract administration, 6.3 million square-feet of State-owned facilities, and 4.6 million square-feet of leased space. DGS supports State and local government agencies by providing a full spectrum of design and construction, facilities operations, security, procurement, real estate, and surplus property services.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Receive complaints both written & verbal from both State staff and Landlords relative to conditions/practices in the privately owned space that warrant attention. Make determination with respect to the allotted time afforded to implement corrective action to resolve the complaint. The Advanced / Senior position will focus on the more complex building deficiencies including bed bug issues, mold, and water infiltration.
- Communicate with all parties the corrective plan of action to resolve issues and document the communication process. Complaints of an “emergency nature that warrant consideration for “administrative leave” include coordination/communication with the cabinet level staff from within DGS and the affected tenant agencies. Relentless follow-up and monitoring until issues are resolved.
- Conduct facility inspections to assess compliance with provisions of the lease document to include “Lessor’s Work, RFP requirements, and local building codes in addition to State & Federal Regulations. Researches and investigates problems for inspection report and Landlord responses.
- Tracks resolution time frame and manages Landlord to Tenant resolution cycles of lease compliance complaints.
- Independently conducts site visits, lease compliance visits based upon need. This position will provide an initial response to after hour emergency response matters.
- Trains and performs field testing with the use of an air monitoring handheld device(s) to monitor air quality, humidity, temperature, air flows, etc. The Senior Lease Compliance Officer will be responsible for keeping up with the latest test methodologies.
Education: Graduation from accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of experience in commercial real estate, three years of which must include the performance of governmental real estate transactions involving the application of state and local laws, regulations, practices and procedures in the acquisition, disposal, development, management or leasing of real property.
1. Eighteen credit hours in business administration, real estate, property management, real property marketing or related courses from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required general experience.
2. A current real estate broker’s license may be substituted for two years of the required general experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience overseeing, leading, and training other employees and external customers.
- Experience working with the Maryland General Performance Standards and Specifications (MGPSS).
- Experience reading construction drawings, blueprints and space plans.
- Experience using NFPA Life Safety Code, ADA, COMAR, ASHRAE 90.1 and other Maryland Building Code standards.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|