TEACHER ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||5/4/2022 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,548.00 - $103,568.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Elizabeth Cohen|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is an Academic Instructor for people with disabilities served at the Workforce & Technology Center, which provides career and vocational training, as well as GED preparation. This position provides professional, individualized and group academic instruction and assessments to students to provide them with the skills necessary to complete their program goals and obtain competitive employment. The position will assist with developing and implementing specialized academic assessments, instruction and soft skills training for consumers to explore and prepare for participation in Pre-Apprenticeship and/or Registered Apprenticeship programs and services.
The position duties include:
· Planning and providing individualized and/or group academic instruction for individuals with disabilities designed to assure their goals of GED instruction leading to a Maryland High School Diploma; increases in educational functional levels; successful participation in various WTC programs and services; graduation from WTC training programs; and securing of competitive employment are achieved successfully.
· Providing group or individualized academic assessments for students who cannot participate in the standard group academic testing.
· Providing specialized tutoring in soft skills; and academic remediation to improve math, reading and writing skills required for participation in Pre-Apprenticeship and/or Registered Apprenticeship programs and services.
· Evaluating student's records, planning appropriate testing materials and methods of accommodations, perform assessment, and generating detailed reports to include specific recommendations.
· Maintaining documentation of student attendance and progress to assure that students benefit from instructional services; requisitioning necessary materials; and maintaining classroom environment and safety.
· Assisting the WTC Staff Specialist for Apprenticeship with planning and providing Pre-Apprenticeship and/or Registered Apprenticeship services at WTC; including visiting community programs with consumers and providing pre-apprenticeship activities and hands-on assessments.
· Completing all required reports and AWARE documentation, including measurable skills gains for GED and/or increase in educational functional levels; and outcome and recommendation reports for consumers participating in Pre-Apprenticeship exploration services at WTC.
· Participating in interdisciplinary team meetings to assure comprehensive rehabilitation services and techniques to improve skills for program completion and competitive employment are achieved.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
· Currently Maryland State Department of Education certified.
· Experience in using adaptive technology with individuals who have visual impairments.
· Skilled in the use of American Sign Language for communication with individuals who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing.
· Knowledge and/or experience related to Youth, Pre-Apprenticeship and/or Registered Apprenticeship programs and services.
1. Applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation in accordance with the federal Family Law Article, Section 5.5.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. If you are contacted for an interview, you must bring official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended with you.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.