Psychiatrist Clinical Director, MDH
|MDH RICA Baltimore
|1/19/2023 08:49:00 AM
|2/16/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$271,581.00 - $435,601.00/year
RICA-Baltimore is a family driven, youth guided residential treatment facility and day treatment program operated by the Maryland Department of Health. RICA-Baltimore provides comprehensive mental health services in a residential and educational setting. RICA-Baltimore is accredited by the Joint Commission.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Administers clinical departments, programs and services. Collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer and governing bodies in developing and implementing the overall mission and objectives. Develops, designs, implements and re-evaluates as appropriate, hospital clinical program and practices. Develops policies and procedures relating to patient care to ensure facility compliance with accreditation and licensure requirements as well as with MDH, BHA and governing body expectations.
- Provides input on budgetary, human resources, IT, and general service needs and issues related to staffing, clinical programming and administrative/operational areas. Collaborates with Assistant Attorney General staff to resolve legal issues and utilize legal counsel as appropriate.
- Provides administrative and clinical supervision (as appropriate) to clinical program directors, departments, programs and services. Oversees appropriate utilization of clinical personnel. Recruits medical staff and participates in filling other key clinical positions. Ensures that credentialing/privileging of medical staff is in compliance with facility, licensing and practice requirements and grants approval for medical staff privileges.
- Plans, conducts and chairs medical and clinical staff meetings. Participates in other meeting such as utilization review, admissions committee, patient safety or other assigned meetings to address treatment concerns, provide ongoing evaluation of clinical care, problem solve, and facilitate interdepartmental collaboration and effective delivery of care and services.
- Responsible for appropriate admission, discharges and transfers hospital-wide providing supervision as necessary to facility departments. Coordinates patient transfers or provides oversight of this function.
- Performs functions designated for the clinical Director per Behavioral Health Administration/facility Governing Body Bylaws. Represents the hospital at Statewide Clinical Director’s Meetings, and serves as a member of Statewide committees as necessary.
- Ensures 24/7 hour psychiatric coverage is provided and may arrange or provide back-up somatic coverage as necessary.
- Directs aspects of the facilities efforts around electronic medical record keeping. Provides high quality medical record documentation. Reviews patients’ records to assure their adequacy and proper administration.
- Directs psychiatric medical performance improvement and patient safety activities in conjunction with other hospital staff to promote patient care delivery of the highest quality, and improve the quality of overall patient care. Re-designs policy, procedures and program as necessary.
- May provide psychiatric coverage, plan and participate in the psychiatric medical care of patients. Assesses and diagnoses patient’s psychiatric condition. Determines care needed and care to be provided. Examines and treats patients based on diagnoses. Provides psychotherapy for patients as a treatment modality that effects an emotional, cognitive and behavioral change and addresses problems which prompted or perpetuates hospitalization.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing child and adolescent clients of various populations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to adapt treatment approaches as necessary.
- Ability to build and lead diverse but cohesive teams.
- Strong decision-making and execution skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A resume must accompany your license.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.