|Department||MSDE - MD Center for School Safety|
|Date Opened||12/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nimmi Subhash|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Answering incoming calls to MCSS main office, transferring calls accordingly and relaying necessary messages, in line with departmental policies and procedures;
- Responding to or forward incoming emails to the appropriate parties for review and processing. This includes updating the corresponding databases to reflect when matters have been resolved;
- Ordering office supplies and equipment for both the main office, satellite office locations and remote office locations, utilizing the agency’s policies and procedures on such matters.
- Assisting with procurement requests and fulfillment.
- Scheduling, which includes but is not limited to staff, Subcabinet and Advisory Board members; and making travel arrangements;
- Ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations;
- Assisting with the Executive Director and management staff’s scheduling as needed;
- Assigning incoming correspondence - via website forms: e.g. Website Feedback form, Training Request Form, Tip line Form - to the appropriate MCSS staff member;
- Assisting with virtual meetings: setup, waiting rooms, monitoring, muting etc.;
- Developing and maintaining inventory management protocols;
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of agency policies, procedures, workflow processes, and quick reference guides (QRGs);
- Assisting with maintaining and managing the agency’s Google Drive and Server files;
- Ensuring databases and files are backed up regularly off site and locally for all identified units;
- Creating additional databases of pertinent Partner information, maintaining current Partner lists, and ensuring that they are up to date and accurate;
- Maintaining and updating the asset management database and inventory database·
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets