Website and Content Accessibility Manager
Education Program Manager I
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||8/26/2022 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,696.00 - $136,233.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Directs staff with regard to education content, presentation, and remediation with regard to Section 508 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Provides leadership and guidance for assuring all web education content is accessible by all populations. · Oversees and remediates documents that promote MSDE initiatives and programs and Board Presentations and Communication collateral to be accessible.
- Supervises and manages staff with regard to web content updates and accessibility tasks.
- Manages and provides guidance on digital accessibility best practices (including captioning, transcripts, etc.)
- Oversees and Conducts in-depth testing of MSDE website pages for accessibility compliance with Section 508 and WCAG criteria
- Leads Department as the organizational expert on accessibility and supports agency by providing training, guidance and staying up to date on State and Federal laws and industry best practices.
- Supports and provides technical assistance to Local Education Agencies for managing and providing accessible curriculum material and for developing guidelines, processes for MSDE and LEA compliance with any legislative changes
- Manages vendors and works with third parties to get documents remediated and checks the work completed is correct and accurate.
- Candidates may substitute a Masters Degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post baccalaureate coursework in Education or a related area for two years of the required experience directly related to the position option.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, one year of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Knowledge of current accessibility regulations, laws, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of assistive software and hardware resources;
- Skill in managing projects and staff with regard to strict specifications, remediation and specification;
- Skill in developing and presenting professional development programs;
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work as a team member and establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.