Coordinator, Comprehensive Health Education
Education Program Specialist II
|Department||MSDE - Division of Instruction|
|Date Opened||9/9/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$79,343.00 - $127,637.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 22
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages statewide workgroups focused on the development, coordination, and implementation of comprehensive health-based College and Career readiness pathways for nursing and other health professions aligned to the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future and ensuring students’ (including those who have been historically underserved) access to pathways across the State.
- Supports the planning and coordination of building educator, school system, and statewide capacity for implementing high-quality teaching and learning practices focused on student outcomes by engaging stakeholders in the development and review process for all components of the state standards and instructional frameworks for comprehensive health education that aligns with best in class, research-based trends.
- Provides content expertise in the development of state rubrics and frameworks for high-quality instructional materials and professional learning for comprehensive health education.
- Engages with local education agencies and conducts statewide and regional professional learning experiences for comprehensive health education focused on high-quality, research-based teaching and learning practices.
- Supports LEAs to develop and implement comprehensive health education pathways that ensure equitable access for historically disadvantaged students.
- Facilitates and coordinates the health education professional learning community as a safe space for colleagues to share and discuss problems of practice.
- Collaborates with the co-chairs of the statewide Advisory Council on Health and Physical Education; Maryland State School Health Council; and other Divisions, agencies and organizations to strengthen the development and expansion of health and physical education programs in the State including facilitation of effective health education programs for early childhood students.
- Collaborates with the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to coordinate the Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Program and HIV/AIDS annual update in alignment with state statutes and regulations.
- Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree at an accredited college or university in a field related to the position for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Health Education skills-based instruction
- Knowledge of trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting Health Education programs and assessment
- Knowledge of the Maryland College and Career Readiness pathways, standards, trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting Health Education Programs
- Knowledge of Health Education curriculum development; skill in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating Health Education programs
- Skill collaborating with diverse communities and organizations for the purpose of analyzing programs and strategies
- Skill in developing and presenting professional development programs
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations governing Health Education programs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work as a team member and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|