HR ADMINISTRATOR II
Deputy Assistant Director
|DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office
|10/17/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$62,493.00 - $81,446/year with a potential growth to $100,547.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EXPERIENCE: Eight years of experience, four years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation and an additional four years of professional experience in HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field for up to six years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suites= (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Smart Sheets
Three years of experience using SPS/Workday in the areas of recruitment, classification, employee relations matters and benefits issues.
Three years of experience working with JobAps.
Three years of experience providing management oversight of the practices and principles of human resource administration.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay