HR Officer I (045462)
|Department||DHCD - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||9/12/2022 3:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,525 - $60,466/year (Grade 15, Step 1 - Step 9, with promotional growth to $77,504)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
This is a Skilled Service position with full State of Maryland Benefits
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development(DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. The Office of Human Resources is a dynamic team that assists the agency’s internal and external customers with all aspects of employment and transformation of human resources activities.
DHCD offers a flexible work schedule, telework and job sharing options, training, advancement and career path opportunities, casual business dress on Fridays, and a competitive salary. There is ample parking and our offices are located in walking distance to the New Carrollton MARC Train Station.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd Lanham, MD 20706.
This position will work out of the Headquarters Office in Prince George's County located approximately ½ mile from the New Carrollton Metro stop
The HR Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of Human Resources for DHCD. This position reports to the Senior HR Generalist and will provide support for a wide variety of activities of human resources including recruitment, classification, benefits and onboarding. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for coordinating permanent and contractual recruitments from the beginning to the end. Areas of primary focus are full life cycle recruitment activities to enable divisions and programs to promptly and effectively fill vacancies using the JobAps applicant tracking system, utilization of Workday HRIS system in conjunction with other personnel databases and systems. This position performs classification analysis duties by reviewing position descriptions andsupporting documentation for reclassifications, acting capacity requests, and contractual classification study review prior to submission to the Department of Budget and Management. The incumbent must be knowledgeable of Code of Maryland (Personnel & Pensions), and COMAR.
Experience: Six years of experience:
Two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation
An additional four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employer relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- Experience performing full-life cycle recruitment activities (i.e. sourcing,screening, interviewing and hiring)
- One year professional experience utilizing Human Resources InformationSystem (HRIS) and applicant tracking systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Google mail and Microsoft Office - Excel
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Kathleen Hubbard, Senior HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application.
For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.