HEALTH OFFICER, PRINCE GEORGE'S CO. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PHYSICIAN PROGRAM MANAGER II (PHYSICIAN)
|Department||MDH Local Health - Prince George's County|
|Date Opened||8/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$169,136.00 - $279,053.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Administer public health programs for Prince George’s County, including management of personnel, funds, facilities, and all assets of the Department.
- Administer the Department’s nearly $75,000,000 operating budget comprised of Core Public Health Funding; County, Federal, and State grant funding; and revenues derived from fee collections. Reallocate budgetary and department resources within the Department to maximize service output.
- Responsible for development, promotion, and management of public health programs for Prince George’s County, including evaluating community needs and initiating new programs as deemed necessary to meet State and County objectives and to achieve a healthy population.
- Provide clinical oversight of public health programs in the Department.
- Enforce Federal, State, and County laws, rules, and regulations to protect the public health and safety of the population, including environmental health rules.
- Execute policies and procedures established by the State and County as they relate to health matters applicable to Prince George’s County. Direct the development and revision of Departmental policies and procedures in accordance with these rules and regulations.
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance community health.
- Responsible for the monitoring of mortality, morbidity, and other disease trends.
- Investigate and control disease outbreaks and inform County officials regarding urgent and emerging health concerns.
- Address the root causes of health disparities, beyond healthcare and health behaviors, by supporting projects, policies, and research that will enable every resident to achieve their optimal level of health by informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues and facilitating multi-sector partnerships to identify and solve community health problems related to the social determinants of health.
- Direct and implement a wide range of communication strategies for a large, complex County health department to help residents live longer and better lives and build trust with and ensure a successful flow of information with key stakeholders.
- Propose Federal, State, and County laws, rules and regulations pertaining to administration of health services. Provide testimony to the State Legislature and County Council as appropriate concerning new or amended legislation affecting the Department.
- Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Decide retention, expansion, or abolition of program services and other departmental resources. Integrate the plans, activities and staffing of Department Divisions and Programs.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Prince George’s County government is committed to attracting and retaining a highly- skilled, quality, and diverse workforce. We want people who aspire to make a difference in our community. Prince George’s County is partnering with POLIHIRE to identify its next Health Officer. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to PGCO_HealthOfficer@polihire.com. Please include only your name (Last, First) in the subject line when submitting these materials.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.