FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II ***REPOST***
Accounts Receivable Specialist
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||3/14/2023 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320.00 - $63,797.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcus Staten|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Create and transmit the ACH file for MLGCA and Diamond Game for vendors on a weekly basis.
• Remove/add retailers to the bank tape where applicable and balance totals before transmitting,
• Calculate the final settlement amount an agent owes to settle an agent's account as a result of the owner terminating or the ownership changing.
Initiate advanced collection effort of various agents of MLGCA, Diamond Game, Sports Wagering, Fantasy Competitions and various gaming invoices.
• Initiate the collection call process of dishonored transfers weekly for MLGCA and Diamond Game retailers.
• Process demand letters, liens and CCU referrals to ensure they arc accurate and submitted timely.
• Collaborate with the Attorney General's Office to resolve any questions or issues regarding the issuance of liens.
• Prepare correspondences and renewals between insurance companies, banks and Central Collection Unit of Maryland (CCU).
Maintenance of the Accounts Receivable Module including but not limited to:
• Monitors and adjusts agent's account balances in the accounts receivable module by researching and compiling supporting documentation to support adjustments resulting from disbursements of funds from various bank accounts, adjustments processed through GMS and non-cash adjustments using the appropriate general ledger accounts to be affected.
• Received payments for VLT, casino violations, slot machine and table game assessments, sports wagering and fantasy competitions.
• Process journal entries for A/R transactions
• Maintain accurate records to help with internal and external audits.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency
1800 Washington Blvd, Suite 330
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
RE: Human Resources / Recruiter
If you have Questions about this recruitment, please call 410-230-8766
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.