COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST LEAD
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||10/6/2022 09:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,588.00 - $94,280.00/year|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The position manages & controls a dynamic inventory of various microcomputer, camera systems and associated peripherals to include the daily maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation and removal of computer equipment, mobile computer equipment, mobile in-car camera systems and body worn cameras along with any/all associated peripherals used by agency personnel in the performance of their duties. Field techs are responsible for the imaging/setup of computers, camera systems and other systems as well as the installation and maintenance of all software required by the end user.
Employees in this classification assign, review, train and approve the work of lower-level Computer Network Specialist who are responsible for end-user and technical support to sworn and civilian Maryland State Police employees.
Lead, direct, train and review work of lower-level Computer Network Specialist. Provide guidance on the resolution of complex problems in planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer network, in car camera systems, Body Worn Cameras, Mobile Vehicle Computer Systems including their operating system software and any network communication software issues.
Respond to users’ request for support via various methods, including Web Help Desk Tickets, emails and phone calls. Troubleshoot problems, applications and repair microcomputers, camera systems (both in-car and body worn), in-car computer systems and any associated equipment. Provide support remotely and in person, including working at various facilities across the state also providing technical assistance and training to end users to resolve problems with hardware and software.
Install, remove, configure, test and manage microcomputer, camera systems (both in-car & body worn), in- car computer systems and their associated equipment with a local area network, wide area network and cellular network to include but not limited to:
a. Install and configure Windows operating system and applications onto client’s workstation including creating and deploying images using an imaging solution;
b. Assist and/or install, remove and configure network equipment, in-car computer systems and camera systems (in-car & body worn) along with any associated equipment such as UPS’s, peripherals, routers, switches, WAP’s other devises as well as running and termination network cables.
c. Assist with installation, removal and configuration of various telecom equipment and other communication technologies.
Perform all other duties assigned by either the ESD Director or Command Staff.
Experience: Three years and six months of experience, two years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and two years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. One year experience providing technical training and advising of Information Technology employees
2. Two years experience with computer imaging solutions.
3. Experience in installation and maintenance of Microsoft-based software.
4. Experience with the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS